Tuesday, August 20, 2013

First day of diet

Heyy Ber!
So day 1 of the diet has gone by just fine.
Some things I noticed:
-I used half a cup (instead of a full cup) of eggs this morning and was stuffed! couldnt even finish
-I was having some crazy sugar cravings before meal 3
-protein powder in water is grooosssss
-for meals 2 and 4 I wanted more broccoli, meal 3 I wanted less potato
-optional dessert meal 6 (with yogurt instead of cottage cheese) was DELICIOUS

I also noticed that this diet was only about 1000 calories for today. That seems pretty low to me. Now the point of this diet is to drop water weight and quick pounds, like before a big event (the wedding? my birthday?) and its not necessarily a sustainable diet.

With all that in mind, I think I want to make some tweaks to the diet to give it more calories and to satisfy my wants.
Heres what I'm thinking:

 -instead of protein powder in water I will use almond milk (adds calories/better taste)
-I will eat more (2-3 cups) steamed veggies for meals 2 and 4
-I will use SMALL amounts of sauces/dressings if I need to so things taste edible
-I will use SMALL amounts of peanut butter for my apple (in meal 4) or on my morning pancakes,
only if I need it

Are you thinking of tweaking the diet or are you going to stick to the plan?
My main concern is consuming enough calories to not go into "starvation mode" and to makes sure I never feel weak or woozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment