Thursday, October 10, 2013

Recipes Unjustice

Heyy Ber!
The other day I decided to try out 2 cauliflower recipes
and one of the pumpkin recipes from this post!
And, typical of my bad cooking skills, I did one thing wrong in each one.

The first was a pizza that basically used cauliflower cheese and egg for crust.
Check out the How-To Video from Blogilates:


I found that the cauliflower crust didnt quite hold together-
but I think thats because I used more cauliflower than the recipe.
If I had added more egg it might have worked better....
Anyways, we ate it with a for as more of a casserole, but MAN it was GOOD!
The flavor was incredible and didnt feel heavy or greasy.
I added red and green bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions.
Oh.. and the mozzarella made Kris' tummy angry... so i might make this only for myself in the future.

Then I made these cauliflower cheesy bites, also from Blogilates.



They were still kind of just mushy balls... I didnt drain the water out with a cheese cloth though so again, that may have been my bad.
But once again, they were FRICKIN delicious!

And finally, I made this Pumpkin Spice Smoothy from Healthful Pursuit.

Some recipe changes:
honey instead of syrup, and Pumpkin Spice instead of ginger, nutmeg, cloves and all spice.
On this one I used a banana that wasnt ripe enough yet.
It didnt blend all the way so there were chunks, and it was pretty banana-y.
To tame it down I added a little more milk and a pinch more pumpkin spice.
I liked it pretty well, but it had me wishing for a pumpkin spice latte...

Alright, well those are my recipe tests for now!
Maybe next time I wont F em up.

No comments:

Post a Comment